So, my second book is out in the shops. Amazon have also been delivering their copies (and it's now back in stock in their store). Over the weekend I've been getting messages through my twitter account and the odd email.
I've even noticed one of the better MPs ordering a copy. Hopefully, once he's finished with it he'll pass it to Phil Hope, the minister for Social Care as Phil's predecessor Ivan Lewis didn't think that ambulances had anything to do with social care.
I'm actually yet to see a copy myself – there is one sitting at my local post office that I shall pop down and get once I've finished posting this.
What I would like to do is ask a favour.
I have a tiny ego, it sits somewhere just above my spleen and is a fragile and dirty little thing – it seldom gets any chance to be polished.
What I ask is that if you read/buy/see my book I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on it (even if you think it's bad). Some of the ways you can let me know about your thoughts on the book are this.
- Twitter – You can either Direct Message or '@Reynolds' me.
- Blogs – If you can stick a review up on your own blog I'd be extremely grateful – I have a Google alert for the book title, but if you'd like to leave a link to your post in one of my comments you can be sure that I don't miss it.
- Flickr – I'd love to see what shops my book gets to. I'd like to see where it ends up, especially people who are saving it to read while on holiday – if you tag your photos 'BST2' I'll be able to find them.
- Email – My normal email that hides behind the spam shield of 'How to contact me' on the sidebar on the right.
- Delicious – Again, if you use the tag 'BST2' I'll be able to find it.
- Amazon – If you would be so kind, I'd love you to leave a review on the Amazon page. I think it'll help me sell more books, which will make my publishers (and me) happy.
UPDATE: A quick warning – the first book has a new, blue, cover – the new one is a bit bigger and has a red cover, I'd hate it if someone bought the wrong one by mistake.
The free, complete and fully open for remixes downloadable edition will be along soon. The reason for the short delay is that Harper are making sure that it really shines – from what I hear it sounds like it's going to be something lovely. As soon as I know something I'll pop it up here. Remember that the original can be found here at archive.org.
More on that when it appears.
6 thoughts on “Feedback”
Well now I feel rather guilty as it arrived on Saturday and I haven't started it yet. I was finishing another book though, so I guess it's ok. I shall get to reading and tell you how wonderful it is when I'm done!
Willdo Tom, im waiting for me copy via play.com, really enjoyed your 1st book!might take a while for me to send comments, will read the book sitting on beach in gower penninsular, whilst on hols chillin! take care and all the very best for your new book
truly a great read Tom, blasted through it in the weekend there, even got sunburn for me troubles. will continue to keep ranting about how good it is to all the other staff at the hospital I work at. Also personally enjoyed this as i'm a wannabe ambo man and have found your writing a good source of motivation to finally do sommit about it and apply myself. Keep up the good work Chief and bring on BST 3!Jon.
My review although brief is complete, I've never really tried to talk about a book before except to say, “oooh it's good you should read it”. I hope it massages your ego thoroughly, it really was a pleasure and a joy to read. Thank you for such a wonderful book. 🙂
My copy is winging it' way from Amazon. I'm saving it for my hols in a couple of weeks, so will let you know how I get on with it. I'm sure it will be as good as the first one (if not better!)
As a struggling semi-published author myself, I will do a review for you on amazon when I get the chance to get a copy, us bloggers and writers have to help each other out…I won't ask you to do the same, because I doubt my book(s) would interest you!