So. New Year.
Every previous year I've taken the completely reasonable and logical view that, as the turning of the year is a completely human (and Western human at that) tradition, that it hasn't meant anything.
This year however is somewhat different. I don't know, maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but for the first time in my life I'm thinking about New Year resolutions.
Maybe it's just because I've found myself slowly giving up on doing anything except having a nice kip over the holiday period and so feel the need to 'reboot'. A new year is as good a point to start again as anything.
Most of the resolutions can be boiled down to one.
- Get off my arse and do the things I want need to do.
Of course, it's not that simple… Perhaps it would be an idea to list the things that I want/need to do. Some are hopelessly optimistic, but why the hell not.
- Write the sequel to Blood. Sweat and Tea – I have a deadline, so that'll be the first thing that I do.
- Write a comic strip series, I need to find an artist or maybe just release it into the public domain.
- Find an agent who can pimp me into writing TV stuff.
- Make some sort of social network or forum based off this site. Although I wonder if there is a market for it.
- Fiction. I must write fiction.
- Meet more people, both bloggers and people in 'real life'. Reconnect with people who I haven't seen in ages, and meet new people.
- Start a Podcast. Or a Vidcast. Something creative at least.
- A photograph a day. I need to get into recording things.
- Start following 'Getting Things Done'.
- Find the right people to create a UK based group-blog of interesting things.
- Sleep less.
- Oh, and get more of my Alts up to Level 70 in WoW – just for fun.
I think that'll do for now – especially as, due to the nature of my NYE work, I'm unable to move in much more than a hobble at the moment.