I'm too tired to post about the good job of today, so instead a short post on our last job.
I called up Control on the radio after dropping our patient off at the hospital.
“Control, I need to return to station to clean out the back of our motor – we've just transported one of our 'local legends'. Is there any infection control policy for patients who are infested with insects?”.
“Erm…”, came the reply, “Just scrub everything really well”.
So we returned, used every cleaning product that we have and then used the ambulance jetwash to hose out the interior.
But I still feel itchy typing this.
UPDATE: I woke up this morning and found myself covered in insect bites. So the itchyness yesterday wasn't imagined. I am f*&%king fuming… And wondering what diseases I can catch.