Loads of stuff, including twelve hour shifts has meant a slight slacking of the blog. Time for some catch-up.
- Mac Expo – Fun, and I met Magwitch, who’s blog you should definitely read. I do dearly love my Mac (and my Windows box, and Xbox360 and…) The problem with the Mac Expo was that there was a lot of nice software, just priced way out of my range. £576 for a software backup solution? No thanks! I did buy one bit of software, and I’m training it now. There were some good demonstrations and the general ‘vibe’ made it worth goig.
- Laura is, as always, lovely and somehow is managing to put up with me and my personality. She is obviously a saint.
- I was in the Metro last week – I’m not sure if I should be happy though… Allow me to explain. I was approached by a PR company handling the new ‘Saved’ series. They asked if I would do an interview with an online site and I agreed. Then, without my permission, they reprinted some of my blog in the Metro as pretty much a full page advert for ‘Saved’. While the blog is Creative Commons licensed, it is licensed under a non-commercial license, meaning that you cannot use it for commerical use without my permission. So I’m not really happy that it got used without them even asking. I may give them a little phone on Monday – or they could phone me…
- What would you say if you had a chance to have a chat with the writers and producers of ‘Casualty’? On Tuesday I get a chance to have a chat with them and *ahem* put them right. I understand that they must make the programme interesting, but it just seems a bit like the writing is lazy. I think it would be for the best if I stick to the medical side of things. Still, I’ll be enjoying their hospitality and will blog about what happens later.
- I have a shiny new Bluetooth GPS receiver which, when coupled with my phone, means I’ll never get lost again. Superb!
- (Too busy to answer loads of emails #1) Loads of people offered me hosting for a WordPress blog, they are all very kind and I’ll be making my mind up about such things next week.
- (Too busy to answer loads of emails #2) If you have sent me a ‘Thanks, I like your blog/book’ email, I will answer them, but it takes time for me to do so. Sorry.
- (Too busy to answer loads of emails #3) If you have emailed me about something important, it’s probably dropped off the face of my world, if you want to be sure I got it, please send it again.
- Couple of medical stories are in the ‘vault’ ready to be written, normal service will be resumed soon, etc, etc…