Just a few things to get you caught up on some of the things that have happened/will happen before I write a ‘proper’ ambulance post.
- I’ve had the dreaded lurgy for the past couple of days (which is why my blogging has been so light). I could fill you with disgust about the symptoms – but I’d rather draw a veil over them and just let you know that I’m finally managing to cough up huge gobbets of green mucus at the moment.
- However – this illness comes at the right time. My mum and brother are heading on holiday in the next few days, so I’ve taken a week of annual leave in order to housesit (or rather video record ‘Neighbours’ and ‘Doctors’ everyday for my mum). They are having a couple of days in Toronto, a day in Niagara Falls and a couple of days in New York. Any suggestions for must see things would be gratefully received.
- As this holiday coincides with my week of off-duty, I have a whole fortnight off work. This will make me both happy and bored. While I have a few ambulance stories stockpiled, you may notice me going a bit ‘off topic’ occasionally. I’d just humour me if I were you – I bite when I get upset.
- I have new business cards. They are a lovely shade of yellow and have one of Hugh’s cartoons on the back. It says “This city is killing me but what a glorious death it is”. The message just seems…right.
- This Thursday I’m meeting up with a friend for drinks and curry in the Brick Lane area. If you want to come along you are welcome – just email me for details.
- I’ve been asked by the nice people at Londonist to take part in a multi-blogger talk. It’s on Wednesday the 5th of April at the London Apple store starting at 7pm. I’ll be chatting for twenty minutes or so on “Blogging as Identity – real and virtual”. also there will be the lovely Annie Mole, the always interesting Tom Coates and the “I’ve not heard of them before – but they are the newest addition to my RSS feeder” Inky Circus. You can get more details about it here (although I’m guessing that the Londonist chaps haven’t seen my Flickr stream…).
- I’ve just gotten the ‘blad’ of Da Book. A ‘blad’ for those who don’t know (and I didn’t know until I was told) is a short sampler for an upcoming book. It’s kind of rough and at a quick glance there are a couple of things that need changing, but… It’s really weird to see things that I’ve written actually on a page, in a book, with a cover and everything. It’s still strange to think that a jumped up taxi driver can get a book published.
- I’m currently listening to The Shortwave Set with it’s sublime “Repeat to fade” (You can get a smaller, but better quality video clip at their Myspace page). I’m trying to get this out of my head…
- Erm… I think that’s it.