I discovered a few things about cycling today.
1) It won't take me two hours to cycle to work, it's actually closer to twenty minutes. Therefore leaving at 5am for a 7am start is not the worlds best idea. Especially when the night crew laugh at my legs because I'm wearing shorts.
2) It's a lot harder cycling into the wind than when the wind is at your back, and that the A13 is a very windy road.
3) That when you are as unfit as I am, you start begging for traffic lights to turn red so you can have a quick breather.
4) That a saddle will make your arse sore, no matter how you sit.
5) And finally, when, after a long day at work and all you want to do is go home – you might not look forward to riding your bike as much as when you pledged to get fit (and outlive your brother).
But at least I didn't end up dead under the wheels of a lorry.