Blimey, I do moan sometimes…
I'm afraid that occasionally (very occasionally) I'm not my normal happy-go-lucky killer of little old ladies. I think I've tied down what it is that had me so depressed yesterday.
1) This is the sixth day of work, and I've had to get up early in the morning.
2) Hungry, I was definitely hungry.
3) The weather is very dark and dismal – where has our summer gone?
4) I've got a runny nose, guess I'm fighting off some form of infection.
5) Lack of sleep.
6) The lack of anything approaching 'sickness' in the flood of patients who desperately need an ambulance.
So there is my excuse. Does it work?
So today, it's the seventh day at work, I'm still hungry, the weather is unchanged, as is the slight runniness of my nose and I am, as ever tired.
So what could cheer me up? How about a sick person.
Nope, none of that today…
Of the jobs that I can actually remember, we had a drunk on a bus, a 20 year old man with three hours of diarrhoea, someone who had tripped up a stair (no injury), a kid who'd fell off his bike (no injury) and an RTA with no injuries.
The only notable call was getting sent to a 72 year old female by a local GP with a diagnosis of CVA; the GP hadn't actually seen the patient, and had diagnosed over the phone – he was rather obviously wrong in his diagnosis (it was an rather blatant UTI), but we know this doctor well – he is a twunt.
RTA – Road Traffic Accident
GP – Primary health provider
CVA – Stroke
UTI – Urinary Tract Infection, bladder infection